Jul 8, 2010

Woe is me!! - (big ticket shoe purchase)

Couple days ago, I purchased my most expensive pair of shoes ever... the Vibram FiveFingers KSO Trek.  For those who have not heard, FiveFingers are the most popular 'barefoot' running shoes around, and are easily distinguishable by the 'toe compartments'.

I debated for awhile at the shoe store between the KSO Trek, and their specialty running model, the Bikila.  The reason I got the KSO Trek's were because I had been doing some trail running recently (which tore up my feet cause of the little pebbles and stuff), and the KSO Trek was specifically designed for trails (Bikila's are designed for road running).

This morning, I did my first run in them, and they felt very comfortable.  My feet got blistered a bit, but mainly from the adjustment to new shoes.  My giant blister from last week did not reappear (even tho the skin was extremely tender).  I felt a bit more arc-support than my normal aqua shoes.  Once the blisters heal, I'm going to be doing a lot more trail-running in these puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment