May 9, 2010

Barefoot Funning - Episode 2 (Day 4)

So I bought my 2nd pair of aqua shoes today from Walmart (my first pair from target was very bad, I would highly recommend AGAINST them), and I did about 1-2 miles at a pretty leisurely (slow) pace.

The shoes were wonderful (sorry, I could not find them on the walmart website - but they're called aqua shoes).  They were actually very comfortable to wear on the inside, and fit quite snugly, despite being one size too large.  I am definitely noticing that running primarily through the "balls of the feet" seems to work my calves significantly more than running through my heels.

I've been thinking more about sneakers (specifically running shoes) lately.  It irks me that the corporations have created foamy sneakers that render our natural gifts useless.  Then again, their marketing certainly has made the jogging market much larger than what it would have been 'naturally'.  I can't help but feel like I could create a shoe that can free people from this podiatry of oppression.

No comments:

Post a Comment